What Is Masonry?
The term masonry refers to construction with stone. Masonry when referring to a building describes the stonework which is incorporated into the building. An individual that practices masonry is called a stonemason or a mason. The skills of a mason tend to command high prices, since working in stone is very tricky.
Why Choose Masonry For Your Home?
- Fire Resistant: Masonry is a non combustible material, making it a great safe choice for your home.
- Weather and Termite Resistant: When exterior walls are made of masonry there is no wood for the termites to eat. Likewise there is no material to rot during damp weather conditions. Additionally, masonry protects from health problems caused by dirt and rot such as chronic fatigue, asthma, throat infections and more.
- Green Material: Masonry products are recognized by the government as a contributor to green building status. These products are earth-friendly because they do not deplete precious natural and limited resources like timber.
- Excellent Sound Proofing: Masonry bricks are one of the best materials for blocking out noise, resulting in a more quiet home environment.
- Virtually Maintenance Free: Masonry requires far less maintenance than other building materials like wood for example.
- Lower Insurance Premium: Masonry creates a higher level of security to protect against fire, weather, and termites. As a result of this, many insurance companies will offer up to a 15% discount on homeowners policies.
- Decreased Utility Bills: Concrete, combined with ‘thermal mass’ insulation systems, stores more energy. This means your home will stay warmer in winter and colder in summer. Which will result less electric consumption and lower utility bills.
- Increased Resale: Simply put masonry homes are high quality, low maintenance homes. With low utility bills, lower insurance premiums, and a weather/termite proof home, you will be able to sell your home for the value it is worth.
Searching For Masonry Contractor In Chicago?
Fortune Restoration has been a name that numerous households in Chicago have trusted for their interior and exterior house projects. We understand the your masonry project, and take a look at the scope of work and provide you with estimated costs for the task at hand. Our pricing is most competitive in Chicago and our masonry contractors are the most professional, who will execute the work carefully and effectively. If you are looking for a professional and trusted masonry contractor in Chicago, look no further. Call us today at (847) 647-2500!