At Fortune Restoration we know that house painting in the summer presents a number of special challenges. Hot weather, humidity and rain all affect outside painting, and if not done correctly there’s no way you’ll be satisfied with the end result.
The ideal temperature for house painting in the summer is 70 degrees with humidity around 50%, conditions not always present in summer in the Chicagoland area.
Beyond temperature and humidity, here are other issues encountered when house painting in the summer.
- The temperature for painting is based on the surface being painted, not the temperature of the air. A wall exposed to direct sunlight can easily be 10-25 degrees hotter than the air.
- Dry-rolling and lap marks may give the newly painted surface an uneven look.
- Rolling one time across a surface usually doesn’t provide the proper thickness of paint, but if not done properly, back rolling on a hot surface can pull off paint.
- Rapid drying may lead to bubbles and wrinkles on newly painted surfaces.
- Rain can spot freshly painted surfaces or newly applied paint may run off onto other surfaces like patios, pool decks and walkways.
- Excessive dew and condensations can cause an uneven sheen to develop on newly painted surfaces.
- Painting is hot, hard exhausting work, and dehydration and heat stroke are distinct possibilities when working in the heat of summer.
- Ladders, brushes and other equipment can become slippery from perspiration. Consequently, the risk of injury goes up and application accuracy goes down.
The best way to deal with the particular challenges of house painting in the summer is to hire the experts at Fortune Restoration who’ve been providing the highest quality painting services in Chicagoland since 1979.
Here are just a few ways we can serve you if you’ll hire us to do your summer house painting.
- We’ll keep our eye on the weather, always looking for the optimum painting conditions.
- Our painting professionals will carefully prepare all surfaces to be painted. Taking shortcuts here will leave everyone unhappy.
- We’ll use only the highest quality paints and equipment guaranteed to make your home looks its very best for years to come.
- When the job is finished, we’ll safely dispose of any leftover materials and residue in environmentally safe ways.
Email or call us at (847) 647-2500 today for your free, no-obligation estimate and let Fortune Restoration do the heavy work of painting your house this summer.